http://colourmart.com/dk / Forums / Yarn and general forum / Made with ColourMart yarns

Made with ColourMart yarns

« 
Forrige emne
|
|

You need to be logged in to get access to the forums. You can do so here

Forfatter Besked

Jane Smillie

Roseleaf sweater

21. juni 2007 10:37:21

Knitted using 3 strands of 1/14NM laceweight cashmere.

Jane Smillie

Kingfisher tanktop

21. juni 2007 10:35:36

Knitted using 2 strands of 4ply cashmere in Kingfisher.

A doggy bag in heavy lace weight yarn

17. juni 2007 23:09:02

I used 2 strands of heavy lace weight 100% cashmere yarn and 4 mm needles and cast on 40 stitches and started to knit. I ended up with the little dog which I found in a pattern book. The brown yarn was an Odds and Ends set and the blue was from Richard’s regular stock. The two yarns have behaved differently after washing with shampoo in hand hot water. The brown has not bloomed as much as the blue but I think this enhances the texture of the bag. My son’s girlfriend who loves dogs was delighted with the gift.

This post relates to the following product: 100% extra fine merino dk and aran weights, other dk merinos

Tien Chiu

A huck lace shawl in 2/28 white silk

15. juni 2007 06:26:11

I wove this from the 2/28 Nm white silk in a six-shaft huck lace pattern, sett at 32 ends per inch. Gorgeous!!

This post relates to the following product: Cobweb and Lace weight silk blends, and sparkle yarn

Colette Simon

2/28 Silk

03. juni 2007 23:53:21

This is the Unst Stole from Heirloom Knitting by Sharon Miller, knitted with 100% lace weight silk in the colour Mauve. I use 2.00 mm needled but 2.25 would be better for this yarn.

This post relates to the following product: Cobweb and Lace weight silk blends, and sparkle yarn

Colette Simon

2/36 Cashmere/ Silk

03. juni 2007 23:36:43

I designed this myself, used the 2/28 lace weight cashmere/silk in the colour Polka Dot. I use 2.50 mm needles.

This post relates to the following product: Cashmere/silk, cash/silk/merino and cash/silk/cotton cobweb and fine lace weights

Judy Lugg

Judy Lugg

DK SILK

26. maj 2007 14:03:19

This garment is knitted with DK weight noil silk, Sand Mix colour on 4.5mm needles to my own design. The guage is 21stitches by 28 rows to 4 " (10cms) and the garment fits 40/42 " chest. It weighs (without the button) 238gms. and took exactly 1000 yards, which is, obviously, approximately just under one and a half cones. This yarn is super for this style of summer garment and is a joy to wear. The picture shows the garment with my own label sewn into the back of the neck.

This post relates to the following product: DK weight silk fleece yarns

Gill Tyerman

4 ply Cashmere sweater

23. maj 2007 16:44:58

This is a sweater knitted in 4 ply cashmere. The pattern is based on one from the Norsk Strikkedesign book. Knitted on 3.25mm needles.

This post relates to the following product: 2/11NM, 2/14NM 4ply weight AND CASHMERE/SPARKLES

Elizabeth Lovick

Scarf in 2 strands 2/28 cashmere

21. maj 2007 12:47:49

This is a scarf I have just finished using 2 strands of 2/28 laceweight. I hand-dyed it first (using Omega dyes in the microwave) a process which removes all the spinning oils. It is knitted on 5 mm needles, and has been washed and dressed since it was made.

The patterns are from a shawl in a photo of an Orkney couple, taken at the end of the 19th Century.

Liz Lovick

This post relates to the following product: 2/28NM, 4/46NM and 2/36NM lace weights

Sarah Jubb

Lily camisole in 2/28 NM Lace weight smooth silk - another view

19. maj 2007 19:12:30

This is a picture of the lace that forms the hem of the top.

Sarah Jubb

Lily camisole in 2/28 NM Lace weight smooth silk

19. maj 2007 19:07:01

Finally a completed project to post! This is a top I made for my daughter using three strands of 2/28 NM Lace wieght smooth silk in the color Bonbon. The pattern I used is Louet's ever popular Lily. Needles used for the body were 2.5mm. The top took substantially less (maybe 3/4) of a cone of yarn.

Sarah Jubb

Angora/lambswool dk weight swatch

19. maj 2007 18:45:05

This is a swatch I knitted using a sample Richard sent me of the angora/lambswool blend in dk weight. The guage/tension I got is 23 stitches x 32 rows = 4"/10cm using US #6/4.25mm needles. I usually knit to the guage stated on the yarn/pattern. The fabric produced is beautiful - soft to the touch with a gentle halo from the angora.

This post relates to the following product: all sorts of heavy wt merino mixes

jane nesbitt

Jane Nesbitt's Order to Cincinnati, Ohio

18. maj 2007 18:35:57

Dear Richard,

Can you please wash and wind into 50g balls my cone of yarn purchased and tell me how much more I owe you and add it to my order? Thank you. (I'm making adult and baby socks).

This post relates to the following product: Twisting & winding options

Gail Gelin

floral fair isle gloves palm side

17. maj 2007 19:58:54

Here is a view of the palm side. I love the striped color progression.

Gail Gelin

floral fair isle gloves

17. maj 2007 19:57:20

These were made with 3 strands lace weight for each color on size 2.25 mm needles. They are a ladies size extra small and used only 1.6 oz. total yarn. They are VERY soft and fun to knit.

Anne Powers

Cashmere and Silk tank

10. maj 2007 20:57:02

Knitted using 1 cone of Cashmere and Silk DK - shade Lemonade, 4mm needles.

This post relates to the following product:

Lin Burley

1/14 NM Highland Glenn

10. maj 2007 01:34:52

Just finished my first project with RIchard's wonderful yarn. THe garment turned out nicer than expected. While it is 87 degrees here in Florida, this top is light and easy to wear, infact I am currently working on a wrap to complete a "twin set"

Linatthelake

This post relates to the following product: 2/28NM, 4/46NM and 2/36NM lace weights

Tien Chiu

Snowflake shawl woven with laceweight silk/cashmere

05. maj 2007 01:13:24

A shawl I wove with the cobweb weight silk/cashmere, 4 ends wound together. It is sett at 24 epi with 24 ppi, and the pattern is "Jane's Snowflake Runner" from "Twill Thrills: The Best of Weaver's". I used the original color "Silver Fox" for warp and dyed the weft black.

Gill Tyerman

Norwegian style design in 4 ply cashmere.

02. maj 2007 17:04:00

This is a Norwegian style design, adapted from a couple of patterns in the Norsk Strikkedesign book.
4 ply yarn, 8st to an inch on 3.25mm needles, total weight 280g.

Cashmere/silk - Tea Rose

27. april 2007 18:35:40

I made a swatch with the Tea Rose heavy dk cash/silk, and it just feels sooo soft! The swatch in the picture is not thoroughly dry, but here it is

My gauge for the stocking stitch part equals about 21 stitches per 10 cm/4 inches on 4 mm needles.

Bettina Kaltoft

This post relates to the following product: cash/silk dk and fingering weights