Washing our cashmere yarns
In general the advice for washing the oiled yarns is:
In general the advice for washing the oiled yarns is as below. Note we recommend washing the yarn AFTER knitting, so you will also need to try washing a swatch before knitting to see the effect on gauge..
- use as hot water as you can
- use something that removes oil, like detergent, not soap
- you may have to use the detergent more than once to get out all the oil
- rinse in water about the same temperature, and ideally use hair conditioner in the rinse
- either dry by rubbing with towels or on low heat in a tumble dryer with a towel or similar. The dryer will immediatly get you to fully bloomed and fully shrunk state, the towel rubbing will get you most of the way the first time
We would be most grateful for customers to add their experiences to this article.