Washing our cashmere yarns
In general the advice for washing the oiled yarns is:
In general the advice for washing the oiled yarns is as below. Note we recommend washing the yarn AFTER knitting, so you will also need to try washing a swatch before knitting to see the effect on gauge..
- use as hot water as you can
- use something that removes oil, like detergent, not soap
- you may have to use the detergent more than once to get out all the oil
- rinse in water about the same temperature, and ideally use hair conditioner in the rinse
- either dry by rubbing with towels or on low heat in a tumble dryer with a towel or similar. The dryer will immediatly get you to fully bloomed and fully shrunk state, the towel rubbing will get you most of the way the first time
We would be most grateful for customers to add their experiences to this article.
Cotton slub heavy laceweight yarn
Washing 100% Merino
Washing 3/28 cashmere
Yarn tangled after washing
Washing DK Cashmere
100% extra fine merino dk
Washing ColourMart Merino Yarn in HOT Water!
washing the yarns
Knitting from the cone?
Washing Cashmere - My Experiences
WASHING BEFORE OR AFTER?
Washing Cashmere DK
Washing Oiled Silk and Cashmere
Swatch Wash 2/28 Cashmere
washing before or after
What about the second washing and the followings?
is silk oiled?
washing 100% silk
Washing fingering and laceweight 100% cashmere.
washing aran weight
Washing oil out
%login_link_starAuthentifiez vous ou créez un nouveau compte utilisateur pour commenter.